The ACS712 is a fully integrated, hall effect-based linear current sensor with 2.1kVRMS voltage isolation and a integrated low-resistance current conductor. Technical terms aside, it’s simply put forth as a current sensor that uses its conductor to calculate and measure the amount of current applied.
The features of ACS712 include:
- 80kHz bandwith
- 66 to 185 mV/A output sensitivity
- Low-noise analog signal path
- Device bandwith is set via the new FILTER pin
- 1.2 mΩ internal conductor resistance
- Total output error of 1.5% at TA = 25°C
- Stable output offset voltage.
- Near zero magnetic hysteresis